(Wed. 9/6/2017 update)
As of 3pm on 9/5/2017 the DEQ Air Quality Index has Medford, Oregon in the “Very Unhealthy” category. Based on this rating, Sam’s Valley Elementary will continue with the same plan detailed below keeping students indoors as much as possible on Wednesday, 9/6/2017.
Many of you have probably read the CPSD6 District notice regarding air quality and implications involving school activities.
The plan for Sam’s Valley Elementary is:
1. We have CANCELED the PBiS Walk-about tomorrow since most of it takes place outdoors. Teachers will instead use that hour of time to go over expectations for each of the areas in their own classroom. If air quality improves from the “Hazardous” category, we will resume walk-about for Wednesday.
2. There will be NO OUTDOOR RECESS tomorrow or any day with the “Hazardous” category. When air quality improves from Hazardous we will return to outdoor recess with no running or fitness equipment until levels return to the “moderate” category.
3. NO LUNCH TRACK WALKING tomorrow or any day with the “Hazardous” category. Students will stay in the cafeteria and have indoor recess following lunch.
4. There is NO PE scheduled for this week already, but teachers will plan on indoor only PE beginning next week until levels return to the “moderate” category.
5. ALL PARENTS–Please contact your child’s teacher or school office at 541-494-6870 if your child is in the sensitive group or has been experiencing difficulties we should be aware of so that precautions to keep him/her indoors for all activities.
6. We will be checking the AQI (Air Quality Index) regularly and keep parents posted on Facebook and the SVE website at www.district6.org/sve